Monday, April 27, 2015

Alt Shift X's GoT Fan Theories

I am a huge fan of A Song of Ice and Fire, also known as Game of Thrones, by George R. R. Martin. Love it. Back before I really even realized fantasy/scifi were genres all to themselves (really, even, before I realized how drawn I was to such storytelling, even though my favorite books for years had technically been fantasy/scifi), I found the ASOIAF series and fell in book-lust with the way Martin crafts his epic tale.

Even though I love the series so much, I am kind of late to the game when it come to finding and appreciating theories surrounding the ASOIAF storyline. I think I actually started reading A Game of Thrones is the summer of 2012, and, like I hinted at above, I wasn't very familiar with the ins-and-outs of the genre, the craft of writing, or the deep appreciation of plot on many different levels. If I am being honest, the ASOIAF series opened that door for me; Martin's books made me want to find out more about scifi/fantasy, both reading it and writing it. (Seriously, I didn't even realize Marion Zimmer Bradley, Mercedes Lackey, and R. Garcia y Robertson were grouped under the same label; I just knew I loved the stories they wrote).

Anyway, I found this AWESOME poster on YouTube -- surprise, surprise -- that discusses nothing but GoT fan theories like L+R=J. That's right: NOTHING BUT GAME OF THRONES FAN THEORIES.

Okay, so the YouTuber has maybe five other videos labeled under "Literature," "Sociology," "Biology," etc., but I feel comfortable saying that s/he focuses on GoT videos.

Alt Shift X is the YouTuber, and below is the intro for the channel.


And below are some of the theories I find interesting.

Game of Thrones in 30 Seconds



Is Tyrion Lannister the Mad King's Son?



tl;dr Game of Thrones is awesome, and Alt Shift X makes great YouTube videos about it.

Do you have any fan theories Alt Shift X doesn't cover? Leave them below and we can talk about them :)

No comments: